FAQs | Technology at hub by Premier Inn
What does the Smart TV do?
Our Smart TV gives you internet access, apps, games, catch-up TV and a selection of free films alongside all the regular TV channels. If you’ve missed a must-see movie at the cinema, chances are you can catch it on this 40" Smart TV instead. If you’re heading out and about, the Explore section on our Smart TV has a handy guide to the local area, including our favourite spots to visit and the best sights to see nearby.
Can I watch my own stuff on the TV?
Yes, you can connect your device to the TV to watch your own photos, movies, videos and TV shows. All our hotels have Wi-Fi mirroring so you don’t need any wires - just follow these instructions.
1. Connect your phone or tablet to hub Wi-Fi
2. Select ‘Connect device’ on the TV, and choose either the Airplay (iOS / Apple devices) or Mirrorcast (Android)
3. Select the same Airplay or Mirrorcast on your device
a. For iPhone – a 4 digit code then appears on the TV, which you enter on your device
b. For android – select ‘Samsung TV’ on your device
4. The screen from your device will then be mirrored on the TV screen. Simply control what you play from your phone as normal.
5. To exit, and watch normal TV again, either turn off (iOS) or disconnect (Android) mirroring on your phone or tablet.
Can I get Wi-Fi?
Yes, and it’s free throughout the hotel, 24/7. It’s seriously fast too, with up to 10MB download and 4MB upload.
Wi-Fi device exclusions apply. Only devices with a web browser and the ability to connect to a public service are able to access the network, please check your device for compatibility. Connect up to 3 devices to Ultimate Wi-Fi - please check compatibility prior to purchase.
Service terms and conditions apply, please see free Wi-Fi or Ultimate Wi-Fi for full details.