These Terms and Conditions apply to the Premier Inn Voucher Card. You must read them carefully. They form the contract between you and us governing use of the Voucher Card.
In these Terms and Conditions:
"Cardholder” means the person to whom the Voucher Card has been granted.
“Distributor” means Virgin Experience Days Limited.
“Participating Whitbread Brands” means: Premier Inn, Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Bar & Block, Cookhouse & Pub, Whitbread Inns, Table Table and Thyme
"Voucher Card" means the Premier Inn and Whitbread brands Voucher Card issued to you by Virgin Experience Days Limited.
"We", "us" or "our" means Whitbread Group Plc
"You" and "your" refer to the Cardholder.
Please contact Customer Services for any other issues by email at: email@example.com
- The Voucher Card can only be used as payment for goods and services at Participating Whitbread Brands in the UK.
- This Voucher Card is not accepted at hub By Premier Inn, ZIP or the accompanying restaurants. This Voucher Card cannot be redeemed at Premier Inn kiosk desks and must be presented at the main check in desk of the hotel.
- The Voucher Card is valid for a period of 12 months from the date of last credit. Any value left on the Voucher Card after this time will be forfeited and cannot be refunded.
- The Voucher Card cannot be used online.
- You cannot withdraw cash from an ATM. Your Voucher Card is not a credit card and is not in any way connected to your bank account. Funds held by us on your behalf are not deposits and you will not earn any interest on any funds loaded on your Voucher Card.
- A Voucher Card transaction will be regarded as authorised by you where you have sufficient balance for the purchase and you follow the instructions provided by us after swiping the magnetic stripe on the Voucher Card. Authorisation for a transaction may not be withdrawn (or revoked) by you once we have received it.
- Your Voucher Card may be used in full or part payment for purchases. In the case of part payments you will be required to pay for the outstanding amount of the purchase by an alternative method such as cash, debit or credit card.
- Your Voucher Card is denominated in pounds sterling and you can only make transactions in this currency.
- All Voucher Cards will be delivered by standard first or second class post to your address.
- In order to issue you with your Voucher Card we may require evidence of your identity and your residential address. We may ask you to provide some documentary evidence to prove this and we may carry out checks on you electronically.
- Any returns and exchanges for goods purchased will be governed by our terms and conditions and applicable law. If a refund is agreed, we may issue a new voucher card with credit for a refunded item.
- If you dispute a transaction that has been processed on your Voucher Card you should contact Customer Services to resolve the dispute.
- We may at anytime suspend, restrict or cancel your Voucher Card or refuse to accept, issue or replace a Voucher Card if we suspect your Voucher Card is being used in an unauthorised or fraudulent manner, if you have not complied with these terms and conditions or in the event of exceptional circumstances which prohibit the normal operation of the Voucher Cards. The Voucher Card shall become invalid once cancelled and you will not be able to redeem the balance on your Voucher Card.
- You should treat and protect your Voucher Card as the balance cannot be returned or refunded if your card is lost, stolen or faulty. Keep your Voucher Card safe and not let anyone else use it.
- Like other payment cards, we cannot guarantee that a Participating Brand will accept your Voucher Card, or that we will necessarily authorise any particular transaction. This may be because of a systems problem, something outside our reasonable control, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, or because we have suspended, restricted or cancelled your Voucher Card or refused to replace it in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. We shall not be liable in any event that a Participating Brand refuses to accept your Voucher Card, or if we do not authorise a transaction, or if we cancel or suspend use of your Voucher Card.
- From time to time, your ability to use your Voucher Card may be interrupted, e.g. when we carry out maintenance. If this happens, you may be unable (a) to use your Voucher Card to pay for purchases and/or (b) to obtain information about the funds available on your Voucher Card and/or about your recent transactions. We will not be liable for any loss arising from such interruptions.
- Unless otherwise required by law, neither we nor the Distributor shall be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage you may suffer including loss of revenue, goodwill, opportunity or anticipated savings as a result of your total or partial use or inability to use your Voucher Card, or the use of your Voucher Card by any third party (including any fraudulent use by any third party).
- We are not responsible for the quality, safety, legality or any other aspect of any goods or services purchased with your Voucher Card. Remember that once you have used your Voucher Card to make a purchase we cannot stop that transaction.
- We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. The most recent version of the Voucher Card Terms and Conditions will always be available on this page of our website. You should check the site regularly for the up to date Terms and Conditions. Unless you tell us that you do not agree to the change prior to the change being effective we will assume you accept such change.
- If you are unhappy in any way with your Voucher Card or the way it is managed, you can contact Customer Services so we can investigate the circumstances for you. Any complaints you have will be dealt with quickly and fairly.
- This Agreement is concluded in English. All communications with you will be in English. These Terms and Conditions will be subject to English law and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.