- This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over who hold a valid UK passport, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
- No purchase necessary; however, internet access and a valid email address are required.
- Promotion Period: Enter between 00.01 GMT on the 11 November 2021 and 23.59 GMT on the 28 November 2021 inclusive.
- To Enter: Send an email to
PremierInnChristmas@promoentries.com with your full name, telephone number and tell us about your favourite Christmas Market trip, and why you love visiting them in no more than 250 words. Photos of your favourite market may also be included. Also provide your first and second preferences from Frankfurt, Dublin, Birmingham, London and Edinburgh to be entered into the Competition.
- Maximum of 1 entry is permitted per person during the Promotion Period. No person may win more than 1 Prize.
- The Prizes: There will be a total of 5 winners. Each winner will win 1 x Trip to a Christmas Market for the winner and a friend.
- Further Prize Details and Conditions:
a. 1 x Frankfurt – includes economy flights, 2-night hotel stay at a Premier Inn and £300.
b. 1 x Dublin – includes economy flights, 2-night hotel stay at a Premier Inn and £300.
c. 1 x Birmingham – includes 1 night hotel stay at a Premier Inn and £50 cash towards travel and £150 spending money.
d. 1 x London – includes 1 night hotel stay at a Premier Inn and £50 cash towards travel and £150 spending money.
e. 1 x Edinburgh – includes 1 night hotel stay at a Premier Inn and £50 cash towards travel and £150 spending money.
f. All hotel stays include breakfast.
g. The winner will be required to write a review of the Christmas market they visit and take photos that may be used on the Premier Inn website. The review needs to be submitted to email@example.com within 3 working days of the winners return.
h. The Prize will be arranged by email/phone between the Promoter and the individual winners. The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to provide the winner with details of the prize at the earliest possible opportunity. The Promoter will have final discretion on all elements and aspects of how the prize is organised. Once the prize details, including dates, locations and, where applicable is confirmed, this cannot be amended or altered by the winner.
i. The winner and their guest will require a passport valid for at least 6 months on date of travel; any necessary visas or travel insurance are the responsibility of the winner and their guest. In the event the winner or their guest are unable to travel due to visa or other personal circumstances, no alternative tickets will be issued, and no compensation or other prize will be provided.
j. The winner and their guest will be responsible for any COVID-19 related tests as required for travel purposes.
k. The winner and their guest must travel together in both directions.
l. It will be the winner’s and (if applicable) their guest's responsibility to take out at their own cost all relevant insurance (including but not limited to health and travel insurance, insurance for theft, loss and damage to property) which may be required or prudent to be taken.
m. The Promoter will pay the cost of the standard room plus related room taxes.
n. The winner is solely responsible for any additional charges incurred at the hotel during their stay, including, without limitation, costs of meals, drinks, additional nights and services together with related taxes.
o. Travel must be taken at the stated times; no alternatives are available. Name changes to the flight seats once confirmed are not permitted.
p. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not include travel/transportation, airport transfers, accommodation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these Terms and Conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
q. If a booking is cancelled by the winner, no alternative tickets will be issued and for the avoidance of doubt, no compensation and/or refund will be provided.
r. Winners are responsible for providing correct bank account details and the Promoter will not be liable for any Prize payments made into the wrong bank account.
s. By entering the Promotion, entrants give their permission for their entries and review of the Prize to be used by the Promoter without further compensation, over and above the award of the prize, for up to two years for promotion purposes from the date of entry. Copyright will remain with the entrant. However, by entering this Promotion, the entrant agrees to the Promoter publishing these entries on their website and possible further use on their website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platforms. They also agree to other possible promotional use in media of the Promoter’s choosing without any further payment, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year from the date of entry but with appropriate credit given to the original entrant.
t. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a non-revocable, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use the copyright and other intellectual property rights vesting in their entry and the review of their Prize for all purposes connected with this Promotion, including but not limited to display on the Promoter’s website and any other website of the Promoter or its agents/contractors choosing and use of the entry, or part(s) of the entry, in marketing materials relating to this Promotion for up to one year. Each entrant also grants the Promoter and its agents/contractors the right to moderate, modify or remove any entry if it is deemed unsuitable, in whole or in part, for display on the Promotion website or in any materials relating to the Promotion. Entrants hereby represent and warrant that they have all rights necessary to grant the licence and rights provided for in this paragraph and that all materials forming part of their entry to this Promotion, and any use of such materials by or on behalf of the Promoter, comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and do not infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
u. Redemption of the Prizes are subject to Government guidelines and lockdown measures which can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
v. The relevant COVID-19 Restrictions for Germany and Republic of Ireland must also be adhered to.
w. If Government guidelines restrict redemption of the Prize in its current form, the Promoter will work with the winner to discuss moving the prize to a later date or issuing an alternative prize.
- Winner Selection: 300 entries will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. For your total confidence, the Prize draw will be conducted by PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service, within 2 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
The 300 entries will be independently judged by PromoVeritas within 5 working days from the Prize draw to select 30 shortlisted entries based on the following criteria:
a. Quality – of the writing
b. Festive Joy – brought by reading the entry
c. Detail – how well does the entry cover the aspects of the trip to their favourite Christmas Market.
The shortlisted entries will be judged by a panel of judges, within 10 working days from the close of the Promotion Period to select 5 winners based on the same criteria.
- The 5 Winning entries will be ranked highest to lowest. Locations will be allocated according to ranking positioning and preference choices. If a winners first preference is no longer available, their next available preference will be allocated. Winner Notification: The Provisional winners will be contacted via the email address used to enter within 5 working days of Winner Selection and will be asked to provide evidence of identity and eligibility. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners. If a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 3 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that entrant and award the Prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
- Prize Acceptance: Winners will be notified within 5 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange fulfilment of the Prize. In the unlikely event that a winner does not receive their notification within 5 days, the winner will have a further 5 days to inform the Promoter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If a winner does not do so, the Promoter reserves the right to not reissue the Prize or limit its value at its sole discretion.
- Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
a. are in breach of the Terms and Conditions
b. contain any content that is offensive, obscene, sexual, derogatory, defamatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner, or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication;
c. contains or refers to any third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks;
d. promotes any political agenda.
- Provided no objection from the winners is received, a winners list will be made available by the Promoter 4 weeks after the close of the Promotion Period, for a period of 8 weeks. It will be available by sending a request via email to email@example.com. Winners can object to their surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced during the Winner Notification process. However, without prejudice, the Promoter will provide winner information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
- The Promoter may request that the winners participate in reasonable publicity arising from the Promotion. Participation is at the winner’s discretion and is not a condition of Prize Acceptance.
- The Promoter seeks to run a fair and secure promotion and prevent abuse and cheating. If you enter in a way that is not consistent with these Terms & Conditions, your entries (and any of your associated aliases) will be disqualified, any Prize awarded may be void and recoverable, and the Promoter reserves the right to bar you from entering future promotions for a period of at least six months. For this reason, the Promoter reserves the right at any point to:
a. Verify the eligibility of entrants and/or provisional winners by requesting such information we consider reasonably necessary for this purpose. Entry or a Prize may be withheld unless and until verification is completed satisfactorily.
b. Disqualify entries that are not made directly by the individual entering the Promotion.
c. Disqualify entries made using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
d. Disqualify bulk entries from individuals, trade, consumer groups or third parties, incomplete entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means.
e. Disqualify entries beyond the maximum allowed, or those using techniques such as ‘script’, ‘brute force’, multiple SIM cards for Text entries, masking identity by manipulating IP addresses, using aliases or identities other than their own or any other means.
f. Disqualify entries which, in some other way, do not fully meet the requirements of these Terms & Conditions.
- The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute the Prize for another of equal or greater value.
- If the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions, or invalidate any affected entries and/or to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to PremierInnChristmas@promoentries.com
- The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations for reasons beyond its reasonable control arising from but not limited to Acts of God, global or regional epidemic or pandemic, adverse weather conditions, fire, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, plague or other natural calamities, or any other circumstances of the Promoter.
- If any part of these Terms & Conditions are legally ruled to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remainder will not be affected and will continue in full force and effect.
- By entering, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- If there is a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and those in any promotional material, these Terms & Conditions will prevail.
- These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.